Exhibiting & The Schedule
Please enter in advance (on paper form) where possible or online and pay on the day.
Notes for Exhibitors
When entering online please give Class Number only.
20p per entry (except in children’s classes where 20p covers any number of exhibits per child)
One entry per class except for Walking Stick Classes (maximum of two) and a Cardigan for a premature baby (multiple entries).
Entries Secretary: Susan Pearce, tel: 01890 820615, email firstname.lastname@example.org
4 Heatherslaw Memorial Cottage, Cornhill-on-Tweed TD12 4TJ
Please make any cheques payable to ‘Etal Horticultural Show’.
Sealed envelopes with entry forms and fees may also be left in a collection box inside Etal Post Office.
Hints & Tips for Exhibitors
Etal Show Rules
- The officials shall consist of President, Vice-presidents, Chairman, Secretaries, Treasurer and Committee, all of whom shall be elected annually.
- The Show shall be open to all.
- Entry Fee: 20p for each exhibit. Children 20p to cover any number of exhibits. Any person entering 15 or more classes will receive a free entry to the show to be claimed from the Secretary on Show Day.
- Competitors must attach to each exhibit a standard envelope provided by the Show Committee when staging exhibits, showing the class number on the outside, with the name of the exhibitor on a slip of paper inside.
- The place of Exhibition will be open on Sunday morning at 8am for staging up to 11am. The public will be admitted to the marquee, once judging has been completed at approximately 2pm.
- Competitors must give notice to the Entries Secretary of the articles they intend to exhibit by Friday 2nd September 2022. Entries to be accompanied by Entry Fee. One entry allowed in any one class except in Walking Stick Classes where two entries per person are allowed and Class 96 - A Hat for a child for charity, multiple entries accepted.
- The Committee have the power to elect judges whose decision shall in all cases be final and any objection to any award must be handed to the Secretary, in writing, before 3pm.
- The Committee shall use every precaution to prevent damage to exhibitors articles but they will not be responsible for any damage or loss. Articles may not be removed before the prize giving has ended (approx. 4.30pm). Any exhibits not removed by 4.45pm may be auctioned in aid of the show
- All cups to be returned to Secretary of the Show at least two weeks before the next Show.
- If any exhibit is not up to standard the judges may decline to award a prize.
- Age to be on the front of all Children’s Entries (up to the age of 15 years old).
- All Horticultural Exhibits (except for classes 59 to 63) to be grown by Exhibitor.
- All Exhibits to be entirely the work of the exhibitor. Any exhibit that has previously won a first prize (except in walking stick classes) will not be eligible for further competition.